This tour of Bogotá takes place in the morning, from 9am to 1pm.
During the morning tour you will get to know two of Bogotá’s authentic neighbourhoods: the 20 de Julio and La Perseverancia.
In the 20 de Julio, we will visit the church consecrated to the Divino Niño and we will get to know the story and religious tradition behind this neighbourhood. Then, we will go to the 20 de Julio marketplace, where we can visit the Zona Campesina, and try products from different regions of the country, brought by their farmers.
The second part of the tour starts in the Transmilenio Underground Station, called Museo Nacional, from there we will walk up towards the market La Perseverancia (named in the same way as the traditional neighbourhood in which it is located). There we will have the option to choose from thirteen menus for lunch. Delicious, authentic and traditional dishes from Bogotá and Colombia.
We will finish our tour in the urban garden Huerta Santa Elena, also located in La Perseveracia. This garden offers a warm and homely atmosphere that will carry us away from Bogotá’s daily reality, through the flavours of the vegetable jams and ice creams produced here. At the same time, the Huerta Santa Helena, is an example of organic and natural farming, and the valuable knowledge that can be found in it.
Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Schedule: 9am to 1pm
Meeting point: In front of the Museo Nacional (address: Carrera 7a #28-66)
Daily tours, However, we highly recommend to take the tour on either a Friday or a Saturday in order to have access to the marketplace (No service on Sundays or Long Weekends).
- ‘Chirriada’ Experience
- Public Transportation expenses (return tickets)
- Immersion and interaction with the community
- An element of surprise
- Expert guide accompanying the tour
- Meeting members of the community to get first hand information about the stories and traditions of the different places and products.
To support the community, we suggest that you pay for:
- Your lunch
- Additional purchases
Price per person:
- $60.000 (Fifty five thousand Colombian Pesos)
- $50.000 (Forty five thousand Colombian Pesos) Concessions: students with valid ID, children (up to 12 years old), and seniors (over 65 years old)